Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sad News

Hi all,

Poor Sam passed away at 8:30 on Wed. night (7/28/2010). He had been having episodes of being very short of breath upon any kind of exertion since Friday night. The nurse at Eskaton said he should go to the hospital but Sam did not want to go. He finally relented at noon on Tuesday after a particulary bad episode. I think I did the best I could. He was pretty anxious at times but I held his hand and rubbed his back and that seemed to relax him. They gave him a Xanax for the anxiety but our one experience with that is that it knocks him out. It did again this time and I think he never really woke up after that.

We are now dealing with the details of his passing. Andy will ship the body back East as his body will be put into a crypt alongside where his wife is. Andy will go back East for this process and also to take care of details regarding to try and prepare his house for sale and the sale of Sam's car. I won't go back with him because not only is my left leg recovering from a hamstring injury (therefore I have a very sore butt) but I also injured my right leg in the hamstring the day Sam went in the hospital (additional butt soreness). I was walking Maggie and she crossed in front of me rather suddenly and I twisted my leg and stubbed my toe at the same time. So, with both sides of my butt sore I don't think it would be wise to spend 8 hours sitting on a plane going East and then West again.

Tommorrow I will gather Sam's clothes and bring them to Salvation Army for donation. Saturday we are going to attempt to move his new couch and table to our house and then gather up all the furniture we want to discard and get rid of it somewhere. We had a woman Pam work with us before to do some hauling so we are going to try to use her again. However she will be working alone so we aren't sure she'll be able to do the job. She will evaluate what needs to be done and make her decision. If it is a no I'll just search some more for someone else.
Hope things are well with you.
Lisa

No comments: