Friday, July 23, 2010

Evening in Stockton

Hi all,
Yesterday evening I went into Stockton to visit with Noreen, Mike, Des and Julie. Noreen had us over for dinner to help her enjoy her harvest of vegetables grown in her garden. We had salad with tomatoes and squash fron her garden. We had roasted cut potatoes in olive oil and herbs. The potatoes were from her garden and they were delicious. She had grilled corn on the cob grilled in their husks, also from her garden. They were good also. She had tri-tip from the grill. She had also cooked a whole chicken in her new solar oven. It tasted delicious. She showed us how the solar oven worked. It reminds me of a crock pot slow cooker without all the sauces. She also has a dehydration oven now so she can dehydrate vegetables, freeze them and then try to reconstitute them in the winter. It was a lot of fun talking with everyone. Des is always good for some stories and Mike makes it fun when he interjects with his dry comments. It reminds me that Andy and I have yet to get up to Tahoe this summer. We have to get up there sometime. I'll have to arrange Sam's appointments so it works out. Andy also needs to visit New Jersey to get his Dad's house in order to put it on the market. The one down side to my visit was the drive. My butt HURT SO MUCH! I thought I was going to have to stop to get up and stand and massage my butt. I called the physical therapist about it today. He says it is expected because the right foot is using the gas pedal and the left leg is providing the support so it is working and you are using the high hamstring muscle. Today it didn't hurt so I went ahead and did my exercises as usual. I also tried riding my bike for about 5 minutes. No pain!
Yeah! So, tomorrow I am going to go to CFF for a XX bike class or I will get on my bike and try to ride for an hour. I am trying something new. Instead of drinking white wine I am going to try and drink red wine since all the reports say that red wine has all the benefits. We'll see whether I can acquire a taste for it.
Hope things are well with you all.
Lisa

No comments: