Monday, July 19, 2010

Post PT

Hi all,
Nothing much is new. We tried to have Sam over for dinner on Sunday this past weekend but he had another bout of diarrhea on Saturday. It seems miniwheats and oatmeal do not agree with him. He still has blurry vision. I made an appt. for him for Aug. 3 with an opthomalogist.

I went to my second physical therapy appt. He gave me a different hamstring stretching exercise to do and I can ice while doing it. I think it will be more effective than the one Ellen had me doing. He also told me to do butt clenching exercises when I can. They did ultrasound and electrical stimulation again. The electrical stimulation is weird. It makes some of your muscles contract on their own (or with the ES). I am supposed to try and tuck my chin in when standing. Apparently I have a flat back instead of a rounded one which is not totally normal. He wondered if I ever had back problems. He measured an angle of my straightened leg and compared the right with the left. Of course the left shows major tightness while the right isn't so perfect either. But after stretching with ice, I showed some gains.

Nothing else really new. I hate doing nothing. I am eating more also, so I am sure I am gaining weight but I don't want to get on the scale.
Hope you are all doing well.
lisa

No comments: