Sunday, July 25, 2010

DVD Fest

Hi all,
Guess what I did from 10am to 3:15pm today? Watched 2 DVD's of the Thorn Birds. I got it from the library and I think they omitted the discs that had sex in it because if you read the book, the discs only encompass the first quarter and last quarter of the book. They omitted the parts I want to see! Actually I enjoyed the DVD's but the book is better. It is never the reverse is it?
We went to see Andy's Dad yesterday but he was having a bad day. Friday night he was struggling to breathe and then again in the morning. After we were with him awhile he seemed a lot better. When we first walked in and he saw Andy, he asked him for a hug and I thought he was going to cry. He really misses seeing Andy so I am going to try and make sure Andy sees him at least once a week. I went to see him today and he seemed pretty good although he ate his breakfast upstairs (they charge $2.00 for this as they discourage staying in their rooms all the time). He said he didn't feel good about going down because he hadn't shaved and cleaned up yet but planned to go down for lunch.
Andy went on a 75miles 7000ft bike ride while I watched The Thornbirds. Contrast in activities there isn't it? He did the route we did for the Auburn Century. Yesterday I tried bike riding for the first time since my injury. I went for an hour on flat road. 14 miles at 15mph. My butt started hurting a little after 30 minutes but I kept going. I had a small amount of pain which lingered so I decided not to ride today, I will try again Monday or maybe I'll wait to tell the PT people what I experienced and ask them their opinion.
Nothing else new. My attempt at switching to red wine is interesting. I find myself drinking less wine. It also gets my digestive system moving if you know what I mean.
Hope things are well with you.
Lisa

No comments: