Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Now It Is July Already!

Hi all,
Just received notification yesterday that I passed the CBEST exam. I heard from my brother D that he also passed. He has the same plans as I do to substitute teach. Now both of us have to figure out how to get an emergency teaching credential and sign up for substitute teaching. Both of us are not exactly pleased with our scores but at least we passed.

Yesterday and today I went on a new running route that hooks up to a bike trail I had not been on before. There is a hill at the end so I may use that for hill repeats in the future. I wore the Garmin and yesterday it said I went 4.35 miles and today it said I went 4.11 miles. Don't understand why there was a difference. My time was 47:40 yesterday and 47:00 today. That is about a 11 min pace.

Since July 4th is Friday and Friday is my usual biking with the ladies day , there will be no ladies who are riding Friday. A has the day off so we plan to ride together.

Nothing else new. A and I are enjoying watching the Olympic Trials on TV and cannot wait for the Olympics in August.

A and I are tentatively planning on running in the Cowtown Half Marathon on Oct. 5. This will be before we go back East to visit A's Dad and go to his high school reunion.
That's all for now.
Cheers, Clyde

1 comment:

Julianne said...

hi lisa! found your blog through the complete running network. where does the cowtown marathon take place?? keep writing! :-)

julianne