Sunday, July 27, 2008

Long Time No Write

Hi all,
It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Not much is new I guess. Summer is flying by. I start school again Aug. 25. I plan to take piano in addition to Spanish 3. I have put in the paperwork to get a teaching permit for Placer County but I have yet to get a response that I have cleared all the screening.

We had our book club meeting this Saturday. We had read "Good Scent from a Strange Mountain" by Robert Olen Butler. It was a book of short stories all having to do with Vietnamese whether in Vietnam or in Louisiana. A was the host and she served wonderful Vietnamese Rolls that are made with rice paper and are not deep fried. They have vegetables inside and some she made some with shrimp. The best part was the sauce..it was hoisan with peanut butter. And it was warm. They were delicious. Then she served couscous (first time I have had that) and ratatouille (delicious). She served homemade peach pie with ice cream for dessert. Very good meal!

A may or may not be going to New Jersey to help his Dad out. His Dad has been having GI problems for abut 3 weeks now and has been reluctant to go see a doctor. A may have to visit him to get him to the doctor and through the inevitable tests that he would probably need done. Hopefully when we call him tonight he will say everything is better and that there is no need for A to go back East.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Clyde

No comments: