Friday, May 15, 2009

A day in Yosemite

Hi all,
My sister Noreen asked me about my blog ysterday and I had to tell her I hadn't posted in a really long time. I hadn't realized how long ago I had posted until I logged back in. Yesterday, I went with my sister Noreen and her friend Julie to Yosemite. It was spectacular up there. There were hardly any people and the weather was beautiful. Not too hot and not too cold. I believe it was in the 70's. We went to Yosemite Valley and walked around. Andy and I bought a new camera so this was my first time using it. It is great in that you can look at the screen even when it is really sunny and see what you want to take a picture of, unlike our old camera. So, Andy and I will have to upload the pictures this weekend and maybe I can post some pictures to this blog. I think I have about 20 shots of Yosemite Falls alone. Both the falls and the Merced River were full with water so it was fascinating watching those and listening to the water move. We also saw a helicopter rescue someone off the mountain. That was exciting to watch.

We have some bicycling on the agenda this weekend. Andy and I are going to ride in the Lodi Sunrise Century. Andy will ride the 100 mile route while I do the 63 mile route. It is supposed to be really hot so we will have to drink a lot of water. Luckily there are aid stations along the way so you can refill your water bottles. It will be a relatively flat ride for me but Andy will have some hills to do aroung the Lake Comanche, Pardee Dam area. He and I have done this before. Last time I only did the 30 mile route because I was so out of shape. There is a ride on Sunday with the Bella Fiore group that leaves from the Bicycle Emporium Shop and goes to Colfax. It is supposed to be 40 miles and 3000 ft of climbing. I may do it depending on how I feel after the Sunrise Century Ride. Otherwise there is a regular Bella Fiore Ride from the Flower Farm which will be one of the usual routes. On Monday I will ride at 7:30 with Susan from the Flower Farm. I don't know what the route will be.

Hopefully I will remember to post more often. School is out now so no more piano and swimming until the fall. However I think I will try to swim in the CFF pool in Rocklin. I don't know what they keep the temperature at. Since I need to do more cycling to prepare for Sierra to the Sea ( abbreviated from now on as STTS) I will be posting the rides that I do.

Well that's it for now. Have a good day.
Clyde

No comments: