Friday, June 13, 2008

It's hot

Hi all,
Went for my daily walk with Maggie this morning and it was pretty hot. It was 70 degrees when we left. Saw a few dogs and people on our walk. More than I have seen this past week. I also brushed her teeth for the first time. Using an honest to dog doggie toothbrush and doggie toothpaste. Maggie liked the toothpaste so she cooperated.

Normally I would be riding with my women's cycling group this morning but there was no one to ride with this morning and I don't like riding alone. I will have to overcome this if I am to get stronger in riding. I think I am afraid of getting a flat and not being able to fix it. I ran on the treadmill these past 2 days. My usual 4 miles ending at 5.5 mph pace.

Tommorrow I take the CBEST. This is the test you have to take to teach in California. I haven't taken a standardized test in about 25 years. Wish me luck. If you pass the CBEST you can apply for an emergency teaching credential from the county and sign up for substitute teaching. This would be one way to figure out if I want to teach.

On Sunday I plan to run my last longest run before the half-marathon in Minnesota, then we're off on vacation soon to see G & C and family in Minnesota.

Have a good weekend. Cheers. Clyde

No comments: